2009年10月14日 星期三

My spiritual life and material life

This subject, spiritual life and material life, often appears in my mind puzzling me many times. We work hard every day in order to pursue better material life. In the age of information explosion, information is accessible to everyone. People are incessantly allured by commodities. Males seek 3C products and females seek superficial beauty. Even I cannot shield my eyes from the shiny new things.

I do understand that it is not worth while spending much time on pursuit of material things. But there is no doubt that material enjoyment is necessary in life. I must place equal emphasis on spiritual life and material life. But it is difficult balancing the ratio. I regret pursuing the newly created or updated commodities at the cost of time and money. So I must learn to be satisfied with what I have in order to avoid wasting my time and money on unessential.

In my life, spiritual life and material life are the two sides of the same coin. One of my teachers told me that happiness lies in contentment and encouraged me to pursue a spirituality. Now I finally realize what he meant and try hard to adjust myself to spiritual life.

沒有留言:

張貼留言