2010年12月28日 星期二

One Example Is Worth A Thousand Arguments

Arguments, controversies, divergent opinions are usually happen between people. The arguments especially happen between parents and children. There is a saying in Chinese, Crooked down beams are caused of not straight up beams. The meaning is as the same as fish begins to rot from the head in English. Children who have bad habits are usually influenced by their parents. In Chinese culture, I think over 95% Fathers and Mothers overly put emphasis on their dignities. When controversies happen, they do never say sorry to parents. Although the right side is by children, parents also force children to commit faults. So up to now, my parents have never said sorry to me since I was born. One day, Arguments, controversies, and divergent opinions happened between my mother and me. I told my mother that if you say sorry, I will end this quarrel and ignore her faults. My mother had the impudence to reply me. Did you say sorry to me before? Why should I say sorry to you firsly?…..I was speechless again. So this is a typical family education in Taiwanese society.

沒有留言:

張貼留言